.

.

Dienstag, 22. November 2016

Side effects of living an international life | Reflecting and processing


My dearest friends,

It’s been a very, very long time since I have posted something new on my blog.

I can say that 2016, so far, was such a crazy year full of happenings, changes and decisions.
I just finished my studies, travelled through Vietnam the first time (north to south), went to the US the first time and finally moved to Saigon and yeah, now I’m here and about to stay a few months.

And I already can’t see any end of these endless nights in this crazy and sleepless city !

Honestly, I love travelling and to be on the way, always wandering around in the world. I feel like belonging anywhere and nowhere. I finally realized that it’s both a blessing and a curse to feel home in the world. You have friends and family spread all over the world and it’s every time so hard to leave a place again, leaving the ones you love and wishing so badly they could just go with you.

This year I had too many of these situations.

Started with moving out of Heidelberg where I have spent the past 3 years building up a daily life containing my studies but also having an unforgettable time with friends who became family. I really love Heidelberg and it was truly the best decision ever to move into this city in 2013.

As beautiful as this time was for me, so hard was it to leave town and say goodbye. I never thought about how it will be if this all will end someday.
 It just happened, all of a sudden – graduated.

I can say that I was unprepared. Friends went somewhere else, started working, starting an internship, continue studying or just moved back to their hometown.

And me, the last thing I wanted to do is to start working or another Master programme, for now. Sure, I was questioning myself sometimes if it was a good idea as I was used to a daily life routine which gave me stability, somehow. I just realized that when I came back from Asia with friends and had kind of 2 gap months at home.

I knew that I will leave to Vietnam soon, living there for 3-4 months but something was different in comparison to last year when I went to Bangkok for 5 months. 
It just meant leaving friends and family again, even over Christmas and New Years Eve.

Perspectives have changed and I finally felt some negative effects of the life I chose to live.

Well, this post is really going into a personal direction but I think it’s okay to write it down and maybe (actually for sure), there will be people out there who feel the same.

These are the side effects of living an international life. 
Going, staying, and moving again.

Anyways, after so many trips this year I am finally in Saigon and it doesn’t look like life’s giving me any rest. This city is so vibrant, full of art, artists, events and many more things to do and explore.
I’m either in the office or on the way, out with friends…exploring the city… joining events – 24/7.

I might search for the beach soon, haha.

My future posts might be more personal than before but it feels good to type it all down and maybe a few of you will feel related to my feelings and current situation.

Of course, I will also feed you with pictures and videos, as always.

This for now and more to come soon.

Hugs and kisses,


Miny Van

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen